Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 9th Departure

Deafened by the hum of the planes engines and distracted by the snow-less mountains below, I try to listen to what Ayaka is mumbling about in the seat next to me. I think its something about being bad timing for the Olympics and I have to agree with her.
Yesterday as I was getting ready to disembark from the ferry I attempted to prepare myself for the utter chaos that we would find downtown. I was convinced that going into Vancouver just three days before the opening ceremonies was absolute insanity. However when we arrived Vancouver was more like a ghost town than a city about to host the Olympics.
We made the obligatory rounds to a few of the displays and then we were on our way. All in all it was a pretty anti-climatic send off. Its probably for the best though because by this time tomorrow I will be spending my first day in Vietnam and witnessing the real insanity that is it's capitol city Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment